Updated: Jun 22, 2018
Connect with your emotions through yoga.
Plagued by negative thoughts and worry?
Do you feel like crying out loud but don’t know why exactly?
Well… the truth is your feelings are real. First step to living life and enjoying every moment of it, is to accept and embrace your emotions – You are entitled to them!
The next step is to harness the power of your mental and physical state. I am no expert but from prior experiences there are two simple practices guaranteed in allowing you to enjoy a good laugh and relax your tensed muscles resulting in a much more confident you. There’s nothing like a hearty laugh. Even better, do this with a friend.
Try Lion pose
1. From a seated position with the hips on the heels and the palms resting on the knees, inhale and reach the crown of the head up to lengthen the spine.
2. As you exhale, bring the palms in front of the knees, arch the spine, look up at the third eye point, stick out the tongue and ROAR LIKE A LION (Haaa!) out of your mouth.
Inhale back to the starting position and repeat 2-5 times.
Try extended puppy pose
1. Come onto all fours.
2. As you exhale, move your buttocks halfway back toward your heels. Keep your arms active; don't let your elbows touch the ground.
3. Drop your forehead to the floor or to a blanket and let your neck relax. To feel a nice long stretch in your spine, press the hands down and stretch through the arms while pulling your hips back toward your heels.
4. Breathe into your back, feeling the spine lengthen in both directions for 10 breathes, then release your buttocks down onto your heels.
If all fails, it may sound simple but breathing in sharply for seven seconds and out slowly for 11 will stop the cortisol from racing around your system and put the body in rest mode.